Edgebander LUMINA 1380: Your Start with HOLZ-HER Edging Technology
Our new LUMINA 1380 offers a unique combination for processing panels: Two systems for perfectly invisible joints. The GluJet glue application system for standard use of PUR glue and the LTRONIC, the new laser edging unit from HOLZ-HER, are unbeatable in terms of speed and cost efficiency. Up to 18 NC servo-axes provide maximum automation and productivity. From high tech jointing cutting to complete finishing, this machine offers comprehensive equipment for perfect edgebanding. The all-rounder in this class.
Here is what the HOLZ-HER LUMINA series offers
- LTRONIC and GLU JET - invisible joints in double pack!
- Simple Handling – High Productivity
- Units for 100% Repetition Accuracy
- Workpiece Thickness up to 60 mm
- Edge Thickness up to 20 mm
18.5" Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- 18.5" touch screen color monitor - standard feature.
- Graphic user interface, all information displayed in plain text and/or graphic form.
- Simple operation – rotating and swiveling control panel at eye height.
- Programs are simple to call with program names and numbers.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
- Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorization.
- Network connectivity.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with HOLZ-HER service department.
- Barcode interface.
Adaptive package for intelligent automation
The optimized, automatic control for the extensive pressure adjustments with plausibility checks allows HOLZ-HER to realize automatic glue quantity control matched to the specific requirements. Moreover, an adaptive trimming blade automatically adapts the pressure of the trimming blade to the edge thickness. Finally, an adaptive pressure unit optimally adjusts the pressures of the individual pressure rollers to the specific application for perfect results every time. This reduces adjustment errors and reject quotas to a minimum.
-  Automatic glue quantity control
-  Adaptive trimming blade
-  Adaptive pressure unit
SYNCHRO edging feed
SYNCHRO edging feed
The edging magazine with synchro-drive. With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimizes edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design - easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 15 mm (20 mm as optional feature).
- Including height adjustment for optimum utilization of cutters.
LTronic - laser edging change-over unit
LTronic laser edgebander
The LTronic laser edgebander was developed especially for the LUMINA series and processes all edging with functional layer on the market. Two different NIR modules are available for processing laser edging:
- NIR module for edge heights up to 23 mm (standard)
- NIR+ module for edge heights up to 45 mm (optional)
(NIR = Near Infrared Radiation)
Switch it on and it's immediately ready for use – the new Ltronic unit does not require a heat-up time or any heat-up phases during the machining process. In addition, the complete system operates absolutely silently which is a clear advantage for the user compared to other systems. Moreover, cleaning costs are minimal. The integrated protective plate on the NIR module needs to be briefly cleaned just once per week.
A highlight is the edging library completely integrated into the control. All of the very latest co-extruded and subsequently coated edging are already stored here as a factory-provided item and can be simply selected by the user via the standard touchscreen. Each laser edging needs a specific energy entry, which, by way of an example, depends on the edge thickness or the color. After the selection is made, Ltronic automatically adjusts the respective energy requirement. HOLZ-HER takes perfect care of all of that with its edging library.
Glu Jet automatic - change-over gluing station
- The pressure cylinder presses the cartridge or granules against the heater elements. After reaching a certain position, the sensor sends a replenishment signal to the control. As long as glue is being applied to a workpiece, charging is delayed until the work is finished. The pressure cylinder retracts automatically, a new cartridge or fresh granulated material is gravity fed from the cartridge supply shaft into the heating chamber where it is again pressed against the heating elements.
- Purging hole for automatic cleaning system – e.g. cleaning out PUR glue.
The Glu Jet automatic is attached to a set-up carriage alternating with the LTronic unit as a glue application system with automatic change-over. Change-over is accomplished within a maximum of two minutes by a high precision interface with HSK chuck and CNC technology.
Motor-driven pressure unit
Pressure unit with synchronous drive and automatic adaptation to feed rate. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
- With NC servo-axis for motorized adjustment to specific edge thickness (optional).
Pneumatic trimming unit
For straight or chamfered trimming on thin edging; a standard feature allows this unit to be pivoted to 10 degrees pneumatically. High quality version with stable cast iron pillars.
Sawing motors each with two guides for precisely trimming off protruding edging.
Pneumatic cutter unit
Multifunction cutter unit for flush cut on edging with thickness up to 8 mm, radiuses up to 3 mm, pivots 0-15 degrees. Including diamond tipped tools.
Further equipment: Integrated chip collection in tool, ProLock system.
- Also available as option: Fully automatic control with four NC servo-axes and automatic pivot adjustment.
Copy cutter unit - 60 mm
Corner rounding unit for processing corners with edge thickness up to 3 mm. Tools for radiuses up to 3 mm and chamfers up to 45 degrees – postformed profiles possible.
- Diamond tipped tools for long service life.
- Integrated chip collection in tool.
- Working height of 60 mm.
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision, fully digital NC servo-axes.
Including high gloss package for exact adjustment of tool depth when using high gloss panels with protective foil as well as sensing rollers with chemical nickel plating.
- In multifunction package with 5 compartment, revolving tool magazine (optional starting at LUMINA 1584).
Clean post-processing of surfaces. Application-controlled with two reversible blades, manual post-processing not required. Standard setup.
Spraying units for parting agents and cleaning agents for feed and discharge area. Anti-static, coolant and lubricant – electronically controlled by special nozzles - for a perfect edge finishing (optional).
Polishing for maximum gloss; for complete finishing. Standard setup.
- Also available as oscillating version (optional)
Options for extension
Maximum efficiency with Holz-Her machine networking
HOLZ-HER realizes your production ideas within 20 minutes from the first mouse click to finished furniture with seamless machine networking.