LUMINA 1594 industry edgebander: LTronic and Glu Jet - Invisible joints in double pack
The LUMINA industry series offers a unique combination for processing panels: Two systems for perfectly invisible joints. The Glu Jet glue application system for standard use of PUR glue and the LTRONIC, the new laser edging unit from HOLZ-HER, are unbeatable in terms of speed and cost efficiency.
On a floor space of just 6.5 meters, the LUMINA 1594 offers complete professional machining with all required machining units.
Different requirements - different prices
The price of a HOLZHER machine is just as individual as your requirements are. Therefore, let us discuss briefly what is most important to you – you will then receive our preliminary, non-binding quote.
Personal advice – for higher productivity and greater efficiency
Together with your HOLZHER expert you will find the ideal machine for your requirements. Simply submit the completed form, and your local HOLZHER expert will be happy to discuss all further details with you.
Here is what the HOLZ-HER LUMINA industry series offers
- LTRONIC and GLU JET - invisible joints in double pack!
- iTronic for intelligent automation
- LED mode display
- Workpiece Thickness up to 60 mm
- Edge Thickness up to 20 mm
Here is what the HOLZ-HER LUMINA 1594 industry offers
iTronic for intelligent automation
iTronic operating components
1. Adaptive trimming blade
Full adaptive trimming blades with automatic pressure adaptation to match edge thickness and height. Your advantages:
- Always the right pressure for different types of edging
- Prevents unnecessary vibration
- Reduces wear
2. Automatic pressure unit
The contact pressure of the individual pressure rollers is adapted perfectly to the application by an intelligent pneumatic system. Your advantages:
- Reduces reject quotas to a minimum
- Eliminate sample workpieces
- Optimum machining results even for continuously changing applications
3. Automatic glue quantity control
Automatic, requirement-adapted control of glue quantity with program selection: Always optimum glue application for:
- Various types of panels, e.g. chipboard or MDF
- Various panel thicknesses
- Various feed rates
- EVA or PUR glue
- Adaptation to processing parameters for glue from different manufacturers
4. Automatic cleaning routine
Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine for PUR glue at the touch of a button on the control. This process completely purges the machine, full automatically, with the correct quantity of cleaner, at the right temperature and contact pressure. (Cleaning is required after 48 h = PUR reaction time). Your advantages:
- Best system on the market
- PUR glue always under control
- Avoids errors during cleaning operation
5. Remaining glue quantity indicator
The remaining quantity of glue as well as the running meters that can still be processed are automatically monitored by a special sensor in the system and displayed to the operator on the control. Your advantages:
- Operator knows how many running meters can still be produced at all times
- Professional supervision of the cleaning process
- Optimization of remaining quantity of glue in system at time of cleaning process.
fa.s.t. setting technology
fa.s.t. or "setup in the gap" is one of the major themes for efficient edging operations. fa.s.t. enables you to run different machining processes at the same time on the edgebander. For example, it is possible for the operator to switch on the corner rounding unit intelligently, without having to empty the machine for the set-up procedure.
21.5" Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- 21.5" touch screen color monitor - standard feature.
- Graphic user interface, all information displayed in plain text and/or graphic form.
- Simple operation – rotating and swiveling control panel at eye height.
- Programs are simple to call with program names and numbers.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
- Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorization.
- Network connectivity.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with HOLZ-HER service department.
- Barcode interface.
SYNCHRO edging feed
SYNCHRO edging feed
The edging magazine with synchro-drive. With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimizes edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design - easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 20 mm.
Cut edging often has small tears in the top layer. The jointing cutter unit ensures perfect glued surfaces and prepares the panels for the gluing process. Equipped with two 70 mm dia. diamond tipped cutters with AirStream technology (HOLZ-HER / LEUCO Patent). Including HSK32R chuck. For greater rotary precision, to provide smoother running, longer service life and preserve tools and motor.
With symmetrical diamond tipped cutters (dia. 100 mm) for maximum joint quality and long service life. Automatic height adjustment with two NC servo-axes.
LTronic - laser edging change-over unit
LTronic laser edgebander
The LTronic laser edgebander was developed especially for the LUMINA series and processes all edging with functional layer on the market. Two different NIR modules are available for processing laser edging:
- NIR module for edge heights up to 23 mm (standard)
- NIR+ module for edge heights up to 45 mm (optional)
(NIR = Near Infrared Radiation)
Switch it on and it's immediately ready for use – the new Ltronic unit does not require a heat-up time or any heat-up phases during the machining process. In addition, the complete system operates absolutely silently which is a clear advantage for the user compared to other systems. Moreover, cleaning costs are minimal. The integrated protective plate on the NIR module needs to be briefly cleaned just once per week.
A highlight is the edging library completely integrated into the control. All of the very latest co-extruded and subsequently coated edging are already stored here as a factory-provided item and can be simply selected by the user via the standard touchscreen. Each laser edging needs a specific energy entry, which, by way of an example, depends on the edge thickness or the color. After the selection is made, Ltronic automatically adjusts the respective energy requirement. HOLZ-HER takes perfect care of all of that with its edging library.
Glu Jet automatic - change-over gluing station
- The pressure cylinder presses the cartridge or granules against the heater elements. After reaching a certain position, the sensor sends a replenishment signal to the control. As long as glue is being applied to a workpiece, charging is delayed until the work is finished. The pressure cylinder retracts automatically, a new cartridge or fresh granulated material is gravity fed from the cartridge supply shaft into the heating chamber where it is again pressed against the heating elements.
- Purging hole for automatic cleaning system – e.g. cleaning out PUR glue.
The Glu Jet automatic is attached to a set-up carriage alternating with the LTronic unit as a glue application system with automatic change-over. Change-over is accomplished within a maximum of two minutes by a high precision interface with HSK chuck and CNC technology.
Glu Jet PUR 2K adhesive application system
Developed for professional processing of PUR glue in large quantities with invisible joints
With the Glu Jet, you can process standard commercial 2 kg PUR glue cartridges, which are significantly more economical than conventional PUR granules or the smaller 300 g PUR glue cartridges. This investment amortizes itself quickly for companies using more than approx. 500 kg of PUR glue per year, i.e. customers with an average glue consumption of approx. 2 kg per day. This corresponds to a processing quantity of approximately 100,000 running meters per year. The savings for glue costs alone already amortize the machine during the second year.
As accustomed from the Glu Jet, the heat-up time is unbeatably short - now only 3 minutes for the Glu Jet.
The new glue station is designed as a changing station with HSK adapter. This allows the station to be removed easily using a change-over carriage, making it even easier to clean the glue application nozzle.
- Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine
- Motor-driven nozzle height adjustment
- Remaining glue monitoring
- The control continuously indicates how many more meters of edging can still be processed with the current filling.
- The station can be precisely cleaned at the touch of a button with the right purging volume as well as correct temperature and purging timing.
- Glue melting capacity 60 mm workpiece height x 6000 mm workpiece length at 20 m/min
Glu Jet advantages
- Invisible joint look using new thin film technology
- In addition, Glu Jet’s low maintenance requirements and energy efficiency reduce costs
- The sealed system prevents unpleasant odors due to escaping glue vapors
- Heat-up time only 3 minutes
- Waterproof quality for your entire production
- The PUR glue can remain in the system for up to 48 hours
Motor-driven pressure unit
Synchronously driven pressure unit with automatic adaptation to feed rate and NC servo-axes for motor-driven adjustment to correct edge thickness. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
Most powerful trimming unit in its class – edge cross-section 20 x 65 mm. With hardened linear guides for high precision trimming results up to edge thickness of 20 mm.
Heavy duty floor-mounted machine with shock-absorbing mounts and large sensing rollers for perfect results even at high feed rates.
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision NC servo-axes. Horizontal sensing with angular sensing rollers with chemically applied nickel plating developed especially for processing modern, high gloss edging.
Copy cutter unit
Copy cutter unit with four NC servo-axes as standard feature
For cutting top and bottom longitudinal edges, copy cutting on vertical edges at front and rear ends, corner rounding and postformed corners. - Work height up to 60 mm workpiece thickness
Unit adjustments on linear guides with central lubrication. With standard blast nozzles in front of sensing rollers to blow away chips in front of sensing areas. Including shelf program for optimum processing of shelves with rounded edges.
Automatic pendulum sensor copies ends without material protrusion and leaves the optimum longitudinal edge protrusion for subsequent machining with the radius scraper.
- In multifunction package with revolving tools.
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and 6 high precision NC servo-axes.
Including high gloss package for exact adjustment of tool depth when using high gloss panels with protective foil as well as sensing rollers with chemical nickel plating.
- In multifunction package with revolving tools.
Flat scrapers with pre and post-sensing
Clean surface finishing with pre- and post-sensing for high feed rates. 2 HW cutting edges, for use on 4 sides. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Both units can be lifted automatically for special applications.
Polishing for maximum gloss; for complete finishing. Standard setup.
- Also available as oscillating version (optional)
Energiesparen leicht gemacht
Mit dem intelligenten Energiemanagement ECO Mode für HOLZ-HER Kantenanleimmaschinen schonen Sie nicht nur die Umwelt sondern sparen dazu auch noch Geld.
Are you already saving?
Are you still "rolling" glue or are you already saving? Savings of up to € 1,000 / year with our patented Glu Jet nozzle system..
Simple, fast and sustainable: more details in a downloadable PDF document.LUMINA industry brochure (PDF, 6 MB)